Saturday, November 27, 2010

Still life with lemon by oil pastels (continuation)

I start the cut lemon painting from white. In case of mistake white color will serve as a background and help to take away the wrong color of top layer. I didn’t find any other way to fix oil pastels paintings.
I add some light colors but also take care of light to be warm and shade – cold.

To reproduce the fibrous structure of lemon pulp I make short strokes by oil pastels chalks.










I reproduce the round form of fruits using the general rules of painting light and shade. Sharp touches of oil pastels chalks reproduce the structure of fruits’ surfaces - porous of mandarin rind.

Remote fruit looks not as bright as the front one.




Here it is my “tool” to paint clear and distinct lines – it is a piece of transparent plastic. I cut it in accordance with the shape of the line I need, apply to the picture and use like stencil. Here I am correcting the edge of small bowl with fruits. Color of porcelain bowl also was corrected. I added orange and yellow reflexes from nearby fruits.


Step by step I am painting glass water-botle, keeping in mind that colors viewed through glass, seem to be more dark and bright.







For several times I was changing folders of drapery lying on the table.



Here it is the final variant.

No comments:

Post a Comment